Amazingly versatile, raspberries are delicious to both the palate and the eyes.
Lemony Raspberry Blueberry Tart
• 1 cup Sun Belle blueberries
• 1 cup Sun Belle raspberries
• Confectioner's sugar
• 1 cup unbleached flour
• 2 egg yolks
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/4 cup butter - softened
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• A bit of ice water
• 6 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• Juice of 6 medium lemons (about 1 cup)
• Finely grated zest from the lemons
• 8 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1. In a bowl, sift flour, then add yolks, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt and quickly work these ingredients into the flour with a pastry blender or fingers. If necessary add a bit of ice water so that the dough can form a ball. Wrap dough in plastic and place in a refrigerator for one hour.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
• Roll dough out and line a two-piece tart pan (bottomless) with the dough, making sure the edges turn up to allow for an inch of filling.
• Line pie shell with foil and pastry weights (or beans or rice).
• Bake 10 minutes.
• Remove weights and foil and prick crust with a fork.
• Bake another 4 minutes.
• Remove from oven
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Beat eggs and sugar together.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour mix into pie shell and bake 20 minutes.
Arrange berries in alternating fashion for best decorative effect, with raspberries either pointed end down or up, pressing each berry into the pie custard. Sprinkle lightly with confectioner's sugar. Refrigerate. Take pie ring off the tart prior to serving.
View More Recipes »